DUES AND FEES
Dues and Rowing Fees for 2020 are $1,250
Annual Membership Dues (2020)
· All members of the club, with the exception of coxswains, are obligated to pay annual, non-refundable membership dues of $275, due by March 31 or upon membership acceptance to RCR. Annual Membership Dues are not pro-rated for individuals joining the club subsequent to the start of the on-water program.
Rowing Fees (2020 is same as 2019)
· The annual rowing fee is $975 per rower for the Spring, Summer, and Fall seasons. The $975 fee is payable in full by March 31, or upon membership acceptance. Coxswains are exempt.
· A seasonal payment option is available to members who utilize the SportsEngine registration system; however, a rower who elects to drop out before the conclusion of the rowing year remains obligated for the entire $975 rowing fee for that year. Refunds of fees previously paid or waivers as to unpaid fees may be granted at the discretion of the Executive Board for extenuating circumstances such as injury, or a job change resulting in relocation, which makes continued participation impossible, etc.
· Opportunities for mid-year entry or seasonal rowing may be limited. A rower who, in the sole discretion of the Executive Board (in consultation with the captains and coaches), is granted mid-year or seasonal entry into the program shall pay, in addition to the $275 membership dues, a fee of $325 for the season in which he/she enters and $325 per season for any subsequent season in that calendar year.
Coronavirus update, March 2020: In the spring RCR usually collects the membership fee, seasonal rowing program fee, and contributions towards the cox fund. Due to the worldwide coronavirus, if you prefer you may pay only the $275 membership fee now to cover our fixed costs and pay the remainder at a later time. Those rowers who do pay in full now are entitled to a refund if we end up pro-rating program fees.
We value our courageous coxswains who get up before dawn for the pleasure of bossing rowers around. Contributions to the Coxswain Fund are optional and are collected during March registration. We estimate the cost of paying coxswains works out to $150 per rower for the year and this is our recommended minimum. If you are willing and able to contribute more to the fund then that will help us meet this critical need for the club without a potential increase in dues.
· Rowers participating in regattas are required to pay individual regatta fees to cover the costs of entry and related expenses such as trailering and/or equipment rental. Rowers are responsible for their own travel costs in connection with out-of-town events. Fees in 2019 for each regatta ranged from $20 to $50 per race for each rower for most regattas, with out of town regattas costing significantly more if travel/lodging expenses for coaches/coxswains is involved..
Winter Training Fee (2019-2020)
· Participation in winter training is optional but encouraged. The Winter 2019-2020 fee is $400 including parking. Participation in Rock Creek's winter training does not guarantee membership for on-the-water practices or racing, but sure gets you in better shape to start the spring rowing season.
The winter program is located at Georgetown University and runs 6:00 am to 7:15 am every weekday that the facility is open from from December 3rd through March 29th.. The coach(s) provide instruction for erging. We have the use of free weights, weight machines, and cardio equipment before 9 am. Spinning, yoga & pilates classes - and swimming! - are also available for no extra fee.
· Special situations not addressed above are to be resolved in the discretion of the Executive Board. Contact the Treasurer if you have questions.
· All participants in the club’s rowing activities, including winter training, are required to sign the USRowing waiver form.
© Rock Creek Rowing