DUES AND FEES
(Updated March 2018)
Total Dues and Rowing Fees for 2018 are $1,150 which is the same as last year.
Annual Membership Dues (2018)
· All members of the club, with the exception of coxswains, are obligated to pay annual, non-refundable membership dues of $175, due by March 31 or upon membership acceptance to RCR. Annual Membership Dues are not pro-rated for individuals joining the club subsequent to the start of the on-water program.
Rowing Fees (2018)
· The annual rowing fee is $975 per rower for the Spring, Summer, and Fall seasons. The $975 fee is payable in full by March 31, or upon membership acceptance. Coxswains are exempt.
· A seasonal payment option is available to members who utilize the SportsEngine registration system; however, a rower who elects to drop out before the conclusion of the rowing year remains obligated for the entire $975 rowing fee for that year. Refunds of fees previously paid or waivers as to unpaid fees may be granted at the discretion of the Executive Board for extenuating circumstances such as injury, or a job change resulting in relocation, which makes continued participation impossible, etc.
· Opportunities for mid-year entry or seasonal rowing may be limited. A rower who, in the sole discretion of the Executive Board (in consultation with the captains and coaches), is granted mid-year or seasonal entry into the program shall pay, in addition to the $175 membership dues, a fee of $325 for the season in which he/she enters and $325 per season for any subsequent season in that calendar year.
· Rowers participating in regattas are required to pay individual regatta fees to cover the costs of entry and related expenses such as trailering and/or equipment rental. Rowers are responsible for their own travel costs in connection with out-of-town events. Fees in 2017 for each regatta ranged from $20 to $50 per race for each rower for most regattas, with out of town regattas costing significantly more if travel/lodging expenses for coaches/coxswains is involved..
Winter Training Fee (2017-2018)
· Participation in winter training is optional but encouraged. The Winter 2017-2018 fee was $380 including parking. Participation in Rock Creek's winter training does not guarantee membership for on-the-water practices or racing, but sure gets you in better shape to start the spring rowing season.
The 5 weekday morning a week winter program, 6 to 7:15 am, is located at Georgetown University and runs for about 12 to 16 weeks from December through early or late March, depending on when we are back on the water again after spring floods. Two coaches each day provide instruction for erging, weights and body circuits. Spinning, yoga & pilates classes - and swimming! - are also available for no extra fee.
· Special situations not addressed above are to be resolved in the discretion of the Executive Board. Contact the Treasurer if you have questions.
· All participants in the club’s rowing activities, including winter training, are required to sign the USRowing waiver form.
© Rock Creek Rowing