DUES AND FEES
Last updated February 2013
All club members are required to sign a membership contract in which they agree to the following:
Annual Membership Dues (2013)
· All participants in the club’s rowing activities must be members of the club. All members of the club, with the exception of coxswains and non-rowing members (see below), are obligated to pay annual, non-refundable membership dues of $125. These dues must be paid usually March 1, prior to the start of the March on-water program. Annual Membership Dues are not pro-rated for individuals joining the club subsequent to the start of the on-water program.
Those who only participate in the Winter Training program are exempt from annual dues.
· Individuals who do not participate in the club’s rowing activities but who nonetheless wish to maintain a connection to the club or participate in its non-rowing activities pay annual, non-rowing Rock Creek Rowing membership dues of $50.
Rowing Fees (2013)
· The annual rowing fee is $975 per rower, and includes on-water programming for the Spring, Summer, and Fall seasons. The $975 fee is payable in $325 increments on March 1, June 1, and August 15. Coxswains are exempt. Rowers choosing to pay the entire rowing fee for all three seasons in advance receive a hearty Thank You but are not entitled to a discounted rate.
· A rower who elects to drop out before the conclusion of the rowing year remains obligated for the entire $975 rowing fee for that year. Refunds of fees previously paid or waivers as to unpaid fees may be granted at the discretion of the Executive Board for extenuating circumstances such as injury, or a job change resulting in relocation, which makes continued participation impossible, etc.
· Opportunities for mid-year entry or seasonal rowing may be limited. A rower who, in the sole discretion of the Executive Board (in consultation with the captains and coaches), is granted mid-year or seasonal entry into the program shall pay, in addition to the $125 membership dues, a fee of $375 for the season in which he/she enters and for any subsequent season in that calendar year.
Other Fees and Assessments
· Rowers participating in regattas are required to pay individual regatta fees in order to cover the costs of entry and related expenses such as trailering and/or equipment rental. Rowers are responsible for their own travel costs in connection with out-of-town events. Fees in 2012 for each regatta ranged from $20 to $80 for each rower for most regattas, with out of town regattas costing more.
· The club sets its fees based on its anticipated costs, but reserves the right to impose assessments upon members in the event of emergencies or unforeseen expenses.
Winter Training Fee (2012-2013)
· Participation in winter training is optional but encouraged. In 2012-13 this fee is $325 for RCR members and $350 for non-members and includes parking. Participation in Rock Creek's winter training does not guarantee membership for seasonal water practices spring through fall, but sure gets you in better shape to start the spring rowing season.
The 5 weekday morning a week winter program, 6 to 7:15 am, is located in Georgetown and runs for about 12 to 16 weeks from December through early or late March, depending on when we are back on the water again after spring floods. Two coaches each day provide instruction for erging, weights and body circuits. Spinning, yoga & pilates classes - and swimming! - are also available for no extra fee.
· Special situations not addressed above are to be resolved in the discretion of the Executive Board. Contact the Treasurer if you have questions.
· All participants in the club’s rowing activities, including winter training, are required to sign the USRowing waiver form.